Who Am I?
Dr. Sharmila Majumdar is the first female Sexologist in India, who specializes in Female & Male Sexual Dysfunction, and Mental Health. Her professional experience comprises of National and International Consultations, co-authoring a book “Handbook of Male Infertility & Andrology”, Journal Publications, presentations as a guest faculty at National & International Conferences on Sexology, Endocrinology, Gynecology & Psychology. She is also a guest lecturer in several medical colleges in India. The book “Handbook of Male Infertility & Andrology” covers male infertility, erectile dysfunction and certain other andrological disorders such as priapism, penile fractures, and Peyronie’s disease, and can greatly benefit budding urologists and andrologists. Buy here
Dr. Sharmila Majumdar is conferred the coveted & very prestigious award of “India’s Most Promising Woman Healthcare Sexologist & Psychoanalyst” in the 10th Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit & Pharma Leaders Power Brand Healthcare Leadership Awards 2017 on the 22nd of December, 2017. She has also won an award for the best presentation in Female Sexual Dysfunction in the National Conference of Sexology in 2008. She is also a columnist in leading local newspapers. She is a guest editor and a contributor in several medical portals and magazines.
Dr. Sharmila Majumdar has rich experience of 12+ years in the area of Sexual & Mental Health. She has successfully treated hundreds of patients globally. Her primary motto is optimal Sexual & Mental Health in Men and Women. She is up-to-date with the latest advancement in the emerging field of Sexual & Mental Health for the well-being of her patients. She strongly believes in the right to Physical, Sexual and Mental wellness.
DR. SHARMILA MAJUMDAR IS AVAILABLE FOR CONSULTATION AT AVIS HOSPITAL, SEXUAL & MENTAL HEALTH CLINIC, HYDERABAD ONLY ON TUESDAY EVENINGS
SHE IS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE CONSULTATION AT lybrate.com, cupidcare.in, practo.com AND ON HER OWN WEBSITE.
- Certified by Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, USA, in Treatment of Resistant Depression
- M.S. in Sexuality and Sexual Counseling.
- M.Phil in Clinical Psychology
- PhD in Cognitive Behavior Modification & Clinical Psychology.
- Micro specialization in Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Specialization in Sexology & Cognitive Behavior Modification for Women & Men
- Asha Psychiatric Hospital, Consultant Sexologist For Women and Men & Psychoanalyst, from 2006 to 2013
- Tanvir Hospital For Women, Sr. Consultant Sexologist for women and men & Psychoanalyst, from 2008 to 2014
- Ramayya Pramila Hospital For Urology And Laparoscopy, Sr. Consultant Sexologist for women and men & Psychoanalyst from 2013 to 2016
- Presently at Avis Hospital, Sexual & Mental Health Clinic, Sr Consultant Sexologist & Psychoanalyst for Women and Men
- Consultant in medical portals i.e. Lybrate.com, Practo.com, cupidcare.in, etc
Awards & Recognition’s
- Journal Publications
1. Consensus Guidelines on Male Sexual Dysfunction.
2. An Indian Perspective on midlife management of Menopausal Women
- Co-Author of “Handbook of Male Infertility & Andrology”. Buy here
- Best Poster Presentation on Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Guest faculty in various Medical Colleges in India.
- Interviewed by BBC India, Aaj Tak, Hindustan Times, Business Standard, The Outlook, The Hindu, Times of India, Deccan Chronicle, Savvy, Clinical Orthopedics, Yahoo Health, E-PAO, Youth Ki Awaaz, Practo, AajTak Lifestyle
- Columnist in leading Telugu Dailies – Eenadu & Andhra Jyothi
I want all my patients to be well informed and educated about their health care, from treatment plans to the services provided for treating their health concerns, as every patient has the right to good physical health, mental health and sexual health to lead a fulfilling life. View the profile of Dr. Sharmila Majumdar and reviews from patients to make an informed decision.
See what I can provide for your health
Every patient has the right to good physical health, mental health and sexual health to lead a fulfilling life. Please visit our clinic. Make an Free Appointment!